Monday, August 17, 2009

Pure Euphoria

I have fallen in love and her name is Victoire de Castellane. She is a designer who is working with Dior right now and has created many pieces that will take your breath away.


"Who says real should be boring?" asks Victoire de Castellane. After 14 years designing costume jewelry for Chanel, de Castellane moved to Dior in 1998 to create that house's first fine jewelry collection, where her eccentricity, energy and love of fantasy have made her a standout amid the sometimes staid world of haute joaillerie. Inspired by Dior's enchanted world, she has transformed ribbons, feathers, bows and flowers into fantastic bijoux.


She has a book out called Belladone Island where she dreams up Belladone, an imaginary island conducive to the growth of Belladonna, a toxic plant whose essence Renaissance Italian women used to dilate their pupils--dilated pupils being one of the signs of sexual arousal. Each of the pieces in the collection is named after a plant from the island's imaginary ancestral herbarium, including "Reina Magnifica Sangria," "Poisono Misterius Spinella," and "Carnivora Fluora Eternita".


I wish I had 20 grand to invest in her jewelry, I would wear it with such pride and amour. Until that blessed day that I marry rich (yea right), I will just cry myself to sleep every night. Spamber out.













No comments:

Post a Comment